What is the cost of computer downtime and ongoing computer problems? Besides the telephone, your computers and the network they are a part of, are undoubtedly the most important business tools in your office. You rely on them every day to communicate, analyze, manage, strategize and perform billable services. So what happens when your computer or network goes down? Communication is hindered, growing your business stops and billable time is lost. Whether you have limped along with computer problems (that you now “live with”) or had major network meltdowns, these problems cost you money and create headaches.
What is Computer and Network Maintenance and Why is it Necessary?
It is easy to think computers are so advanced that they don’t have the same problems as other machines. They should work perfectly all the time, shouldn’t they? The truth is that your computer network is a collection of complex machines and software, communicating simultaneously, performing trillions of calculations, using hundreds of parts and wires, and under constant assault by viruses and spyware and their own users. Because of these and other factors (mostly human), your computers require regular computer service maintenance to keep the big problems away and maintain optimal performance. This program is often referred to as a computer maintenance contract, service level agreement, or computer network maintenance plan.
Ten Reasons Every Small Business Needs Regular and Proactive Server and Workstation Maintenance:
- Microsoft critical security updates need to be applied at least once a every month or two.
- Firewall, virus and spyware protection needs regular review and management
- Daily use of servers and workstations by office staff can create random network issues
- Management of backup status, data selected and data testing is critical to data recovery
- Proactive server and workstation standardization minimizes problems
- Management of hard drive resources prevents storage issues & server crashes
- Analysis of server event logs can identify issues before they create network problems
- Regular optimization of server(s) and workstations to increase speed and efficiency
- Proactive maintenance provides real peace of mind that someone is regularly caring for your network
- Predictable monthly budget and support minimizes financial and technical surprises
Regular and systematic network support in the past has not been the norm among small companies because they typically didn’t know it was necessary. Because of this, small businesses believe that all they need is for someone to help them “fix” what isn’t working right. They assume that the “break-fix” computer support model is how support for computers and networks is supposed to be, when in fact it is not. This in turn leads to doubt, confusion, and frustration with computer service technicians. Though most “computer service” companies or individual technicians offer only a “break-fix,” reactionary style service, IdealHost Computer Services offers a proactive and predictable computer network maintenance plan to maintain your computer systems, called CorporateMaintenance.
What is CorporateMaintenance? CorporateMaintenance is the ongoing and immediate technical support for your computer network, systematically managed by our certified IT Professionals and support staff. These support professionals not only take care of your company’s technology on a regular basis but also implement and maintain the strategic technology plan for your company based on your business goals and budget. The end result of a computer network maintenance plan is an office that is happy and productive with a budget line item that is predictable. Computer support by any other method is not measurable.CorporateMaintenance plans are customized to your company’s budget, computer usage levels, number of computers, servers, how you adopt technology, and how involved you want to be with your network and budget. Please see the chart below for the core features of our CorporateMaintenance plan.
- Regularly Scheduled Onsite Maintenance
- Comprehensive Maintenance Checklist and Documentation
- Emergency and As Needed Support
- Multiple Microsoft Certified IT Professionals
- Management Oversight
- Increased Efficiency
- Better Communication
- Higher Productivity
- Increased Profitability
- Employee Job Satisfactions
- More Time to Build Business
- Computer Downtime
- Lost information
- Support Costs
- Wasted Time